There's a trend floating around the internet... It's turmeric!
But unlike skinny teas and waist trainers, this trend is actually circulating for good reason.
Turmeric's active ingredient is curcumin, which is best known for it's powerful anti-inflammatory properties. This makes it ideal to alleviate symptoms from conditions caused by chronic inflammation such as: arthritis, allergies, skin conditions, joint pain and many more.
The benefits don't stop there though! Turmeric also has antioxidant properties, which means it can help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body to stop them from disrupting the functioning of our cells and our DNA.
I strongly recommend making your own almond milk if possible because it really is super easy and delicious, but if you're in a pinch and want to cheat on this one I'll let it slide just this once. Store bought unsweetened vanilla almond milk in this recipe will do the trick as well.
Though the spotlight is on turmeric in this recipe, every superhero needs some trusty sidekicks. In this case, turmeric is accompanied by a few other star ingredients which each have unique benefits of their own...
- Fresh ginger: Anti-inflammatory, helps increase blood circulation and supports healthy blood pressure.
- Cinnamon: Helps stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Coconut oil: The healthy saturated fats found in coconut oil can improve blood cholesterol levels and boost brain function. Coconut oil is also anti-viral and anti-fungal, which means it has the power to help kill off harmful pathogens and prevent infection.
- Organic honey: Antimicrobial, helps fight infection and speed up healing.
- Black Pepper: Helps with absorption of turmeric and makes it more bioavailable.
What you'll need...
1. Pour almond milk into a small saucepan and warm over low- medium heat.
2. Add turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, pepper and salt.
3. Stir in coconut oil and honey until melted
4. Whisk until everything is combined and frothy.
5. Pour into your favourite mug, top with cinnamon and enjoy!
You can sip on this comforting drink when you're feeling a little under the weather, or simply make it to enjoy some warmth and great immune system boosting benefits!
This latte is pretty spicy and may take a little getting used to, but stick with it and I promise it'll treat you well.
Take care everyone. bee kind, always- bianca